Advanced business writing skills
- The style and register of written business English.
- Writing faxes, emails and memos.
- Formal and informal letter writing.
- Report and proposal writing.
- Writing in plain English.
- Business vocabulary and grammar.
- Planning a presentation.
- The purpose of a presentation.
- Holding the audience’s attention.
- The body of the presentation.
- Ending the presentation effectively.
- Inviting and handling discussions and questions.
Report and proposal writing skills
- Grammar of report writing.
- Intention, style, tone and register.
- Appropriacy: Formal versus informal language.
- Summarising information and using bullet points.
- Audience awareness.
- Editing, proof reading and redrafting.
Minute taking in meetings
- Planning and preparing communications of meetings.
- Objectives of an agenda.
- Types and rules of agendas.
- Valid meeting procedures.
- Types of minutes.
- Taking minutes.
- Types of texts.
- Identifying and collecting information.
- Composing a text for a particular function: Email, Report, Proposal.
- Organising and structuring a text for a business function.
- Presenting written text for a particular function.
Conducting a structured meeting
- The Agenda.
- The Minutes.
- Taking Minutes.
Plan and prepare meeting communications
- Preparing for Meetings.
- Conduct a Meeting.
- Differing views.
- What is a Presentation?
- Formal / Informal Interviews.
- Aids in oral/signed communication.
- Manipulative use of the language.